Romantic; Golf; Among nature
<p>From the park or in the immediate area begin various cycling and walking routes, and for horse lovers there is plenty of challenge in the wooded area nearby. Less than 10 minutes from the park there are stables with a wide choice of ponies and horses to pull in the great outdoors. Anglers find several rivers, streams and lakes. The reception staff will assist you in planning your outings!
Nearby you can find plenty of entertainment. In the cozy and historic cities of Poitier, Chauvigny, Pathenay or Melle you can go shopping, visit cathedrals or just sit on a terrace enjoying some food and drink.
For a day trip to a theme or amusement park there is plenty to choose from:
- The famous "Futuroscope" full of exciting entertainment around the themes of image and sound.
- The historic "Puy du Fou", named best park in the world, with its magnificent knight shows.
- The adventure reptile park "Planete des Crocodiles" is highly recommended, so don't miss it.
- Fine indoor playgrounds are the "Luka Land" in Niort and Poitiers.
If you love nature, then it is sheep and recreation park "Vasles" near the Domaine Les Forges you have to go to. in Vallée des Singes is the largest natural area for chimpanzees and gorillas in France. For a day at the coast La Rochelle and Île de Ré are fine destinations.
Lovers of wine and brandy can contact one of the many wine tastings. A trip to the Cognac region, with the town of Cognac as the center, is certainly worthwhile. The great cognac houses along the banks of the river Charente in Cognac, and the old streets show the rich history of the city, like the surrounding Romanesque villages, vineyards and the slow flowing Charente.
Next to the resort is the 27-hole golf course for both beginners and experienced golfers. Also in the vicinity (30 min) there are beautiful golf courses.
There are plenty of swimming opportunities in the area:
- The Lac Moncontour is 1 hour away, and is good for the whole family. Clean beaches and opportunities for swimming, canoeing, mini golf, a game of football or beach volleyball. There is also a water slide and bouncing castle. Open from May to September, against entrance.
- The reservoir Lac du Cébron is 45 minutes’ drive away. Here you can enjoy surfing, sailing, and boat hire, paddle boating, canoeing, swimming or fishing.
- Only 30 minutes away is the Plan d'Eau Verruyes. Water fun for young and old, such as swimming, rowing and canoeing. You can also play tennis, hiking and fishing.
- In some lakes, part of the lake is closed for nature. For bird lovers an absolute must for bird watching there. At the recreation lakes there are several nice places for a snack or drink.