In the City; Near water
Nimes, with its Roman and Spanish influences, near the Camargue and the Cevennes, at the same time is part of the Languedoc and Provence, is a city with many accents. For more than 2000 years it has been formed by the sun and wind of southern France and subject to many influences.
<strong>Nîmes</strong> is a lively city with many sporting and recreational activities:
- Swimming pools and water parks
- Horse riding
- Race track
- Disco, cinema, bowling, restaurants, bars ...
- The old town of Nîmes, with its amphitheater, the Roman cathedral, private hotels ...
- The Maison Carrée (Roman temple)
- The Tour Magne, in the 'Fontaine' garden, with a beautiful view of Nîmes and the region
- the Carré d'Art (modern art museum)
- Other museums (archeology, natural history, art, history of the old town)
- The beaches, Aigues Mortes, Les Salins du Midi (salt marshes), Les Saintes Maries de la Mer
- the Pont du Gard
- Uzès, art city, with its medieval garden
- The Cévennes, the Camargue
- The garrigues, the Costières plain, the Junas quarries, the oppidum of Nages
- The golf courses of Vacquerolles and Nîmes Campagne
6, rue Auguste - 30000 Nîmes. www.ot-nimes.fr
Comité Départemental du Tourisme du Gard 3 rue Cité Foulc - BP 59 - 30007 Nîmes cedex 4. www.tourismegard.com